The Georgia Cotton Commission wishes to inform cotton producers that due to two board members’ terms expiring in November 2012, nominations to fill these positions are now being accepted. The Commission’s farmer-funded programs of research, promotion and education are authorized by the Georgia Agricultural Commodities Promotion Act.
All cotton producers are eligible to submit nominations or be nominated. When making nominations, please consider the following:
- The terms are for three years.
- Nominees must be willing to attend several board meetings per year.
- If appointed, members will be reimbursed for mileage, meals and receive a per-diem when traveling on Commission business.
- The deadline for submitting nominations is October 31, 2012.
- Appointments will be made by the Commission’s ex-officio members.
Nominations can be made by filling out a Nominee Information Form available at Farm Services Administration (FSA) offices. Send completed applications via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
They may be mailed to: Georgia Department of Agriculture, Room 328, 19 MLK Jr. Drive, SW, Atlanta, GA 30334 or faxed to 404.656.9380 (please note, this is a change from how the nominating procedure was done in the past). Please direct questions to the Georgia Department of Agriculture Commodities Promotion Division at 404.656.3678.